To pour in, as a liquid; to pour (into or upon); to shed.
- To put into or introduce as if by pouring: infused new vigor into the movement.
- To fill or cause to be filled with something: infused them with a love of the land.
- To steep or soak without boiling in order to extract soluble elements or active principles.
- To flavor or scent (a liquid) by steeping ingredients in it: "He would infuse . . . vegetable oil with the pungent taste of scallions” ( Nina Simonds).
- To introduce (a solution) into the body through a vein for therapeutic purposes.