- Something put into a system or expended in its operation to achieve output or a result, especially:
- Energy, work, or power used to drive a machine.
- Current, electromotive force, or power supplied to an electric circuit, network, or device.
- Computer Science Information put into a communications system for transmission or into a computer system for processing.
- Computer Science A position, terminal, or station at which input enters a system.
- Any of the items, including materials, equipment, and funds, required for production.
- The act of putting in; infusion: a steady input of fuel.
- An amount put in.
- Usage Problem Contribution of information or a comment or viewpoint: a discussion with input from all members of the group.
- Usage Problem Information in general.
- Computer Science To enter (data or a program) into a computer.