Urged or stimulated from within; naturally moved or impelled; imbued; animated; alive; quick; as, birds instinct with life.
- An inborn pattern of behavior that is characteristic of a species and is often a response to specific environmental stimuli: the spawning instinct in salmon; altruistic instincts in social animals.
- A powerful motivation or impulse.
- An innate capability or aptitude: an instinct for tact and diplomacy.
- Deeply filled or imbued: words instinct with love.
- Obsolete Impelled from within.