The act of instructing, teaching, or furnishing with knowledge; information.
- The act, practice, or profession of instructing.
- Imparted knowledge.
- An imparted or acquired item of knowledge; a lesson.
- Computer Science A sequence of bits that tells a central processing unit to perform a particular operation and can contain data to be used in the operation.
- An authoritative direction to be obeyed; an order. Often used in the plural: had instructions to be home by midnight.
- Detailed directions on procedure: read the instructions for assembly.