Of or pertaining to an island; of the nature, or possessing the characteristics, of an island; as, an insular climate, fauna, etc.
- Of, relating to, or constituting an island.
- Living or located on an island.
- Suggestive of the isolated life of an island: "He is an exceedingly insular man, so deeply private as to seem inaccessible to the scrutiny of a novelist” ( Leonard Michaels).
- Circumscribed and detached in outlook and experience; narrow or provincial.
- Anatomy Of or relating to isolated tissue or an island of tissue.