Closely directed; strictly attentive; bent; -- said of the mind, thoughts, etc.; as, a mind intent on self-improvement.
- Something that is intended; an aim or purpose. See Synonyms at intention.
- Law The state of one's mind at the time one carries out an action.
- Meaning; purport.
- Firmly fixed; concentrated: an intent gaze.
- Having the attention applied; engrossed: The students, intent upon their books, did not hear me enter the room.
- Having the mind and will focused on a specific purpose: was intent on leaving within the hour; are intent upon being recognized.
- for In every practical sense; practically: To all intents and purposes the case is closed.