To put each in the place of the other; to give and take mutually; to exchange; to reciprocate; as, to interchange places; they interchanged friendly offices and services.
- To switch each of (two things) into the place of the other.
- To give and receive mutually; exchange.
- To cause to succeed each other in a series or pattern; alternate: interchanged gold and silver beads in the bracelet.
- To change places with each other.
- To succeed each other; alternate.
- The act or process of interchanging.
- A highway intersection designed to permit traffic to move freely from one road to another without crossing another line of traffic.