Being within any limits, inclosure, or substance; inside; internal; inner; -- opposed to exterior, or superficial; as, the interior apartments of a house; the interior surface of a hollow ball.
- Of, relating to, or located on the inside; inner.
- Of or relating to one's mental or spiritual being: "She thinks she has no soul, no interior life, but the truth is that she has no access to it” ( David Denby).
- Situated away from a coast or border; inland.
- The internal portion or area.
- One's mental or spiritual life.
- The inland part of a political or geographic entity.
- The internal affairs of a country or nation.
- A representation of the inside of a building or room, as in a photograph.