A space between things; a void space intervening between any two objects; as, an interval between two houses or hills.
- A space between two objects, points, or units.
- The amount of time between two specified instants, events, or states.
- One of a series of predetermined distances covered at regular time increments with intermittent periods of rest in an athletic workout.
- Mathematics A set of numbers consisting of all the numbers between a pair of given numbers along with either, both, or none of the endpoints.
- Mathematics A closed interval.
- Mathematics An open interval.
- Mathematics A half-open interval.
- Mathematics A line segment representing the set of numbers in an interval.
- Chiefly British An intermission, as between acts of a play.
- Music The difference, usually expressed in the number of steps, between two pitches.