Innermost; inward; internal; deep-seated; hearty.
- Marked by close acquaintance, association, or familiarity.
- Relating to or indicative of one's deepest nature: intimate prayers.
- Essential; innermost: the intimate structure of matter.
- Marked by informality and privacy: an intimate nightclub.
- Very personal; private: an intimate letter.
- Of or involved in a sexual relationship.
- A close friend or confidant.
- To make known subtly and indirectly; hint. See Synonyms at suggest.
- To announce; proclaim.