Of no force, weight, or cogency; not valid; weak.
- One who is incapacitated by a chronic illness or disability.
- Incapacitated by illness or injury.
- Of, relating to, or intended for invalids.
- To incapacitate physically.
- Chiefly British To release or exempt from duty because of ill health: "I was not quite sick enough to be invalided out, even though I was of no more use” ( Mary Lee Settle).
- Not legally or factually valid; null: an invalid license.
- Falsely based or reasoned; faulty: an invalid argument.