Opposite in order, relation, or effect; reversed; inverted; reciprocal; -- opposed to direct.
- Reversed in order, nature, or effect.
- Mathematics Of or relating to an inverse or an inverse function.
- Archaic Turned upside down; inverted.
- Something that is opposite, as in sequence or character; the reverse.
- Mathematics One of a pair of elements in a set whose result under the operation of the set is the identity element, especially:
- Mathematics The reciprocal of a designated quantity. Also called multiplicative inverse.
- Mathematics The negative of a designated quantity. Also called additive inverse.