Made or consisting of iron; partaking of iron; iron; as, irony chains; irony particles.
- The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
- An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
- A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
- Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: "Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” ( Richard Kain).
- An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
- Dramatic irony.
- Socratic irony.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വ്യജോക്തി - Vyajokthi ;വിരോധാഭാസം - Virodhaabhaasam | Virodhabhasam ;വിപരീത ലക്ഷണം - Vipareetha Lakshanam ;വ്യാജോക്തി - Vyaajokthi | Vyajokthi ;വ്യാജസ്തുതി - Vyaajasthuthi | Vyajasthuthi ;നിന്ദാസ്തുതി - Nindhaasthuthi | Nindhasthuthi ;