A stone, commonly of a pale to dark green color but sometimes whitish. It is very hard and compact, capable of fine polish, and is used for ornamental purposes and for implements, esp. in Eastern countries and among many early peoples.
- Either of two distinct minerals, nephrite and jadeite, that are generally pale green or white and are used mainly as gemstones or in carving.
- A carving made of jade.
- Jade green.
- To wear out, as by overuse or overindulgence. See Synonyms at tire1.
- To become weary or spiritless.
- A broken-down or useless horse; a nag.
- A woman regarded as disreputable or shrewish.