- Music A style of music, native to America, characterized by a strong but flexible rhythmic understructure with solo and ensemble improvisations on basic tunes and chord patterns and, more recently, a highly sophisticated harmonic idiom.
- Music Big band dance music.
- Slang Animation; enthusiasm.
- Slang Nonsense.
- Slang Miscellaneous, unspecified things: brought the food and all the jazz to go with it.
- Music To play in a jazz style.
- Slang To exaggerate or lie to: Don't jazz me.
- Slang To give great pleasure to; excite: The surprise party jazzed the guest of honor.
- Slang To cause to accelerate.
- Slang To exaggerate or lie.
- jazz up Slang To make more interesting; enliven: jazzed up the living area with beaded curtains.