A light, brisk musical movement.
- Any of various lively dances in triple time.
- The music for such a dance. Also called gigue.
- A joke or trick. Used chiefly in the phrase The jig is up.
- A typically metal fishing lure with one or more hooks, usually deployed with a jiggling motion on or near the bottom.
- An apparatus for cleaning or separating crushed ore by agitation in water.
- A device for guiding a tool or for holding machine work in place.
- To dance or play a jig.
- To move or bob up and down jerkily and rapidly.
- To operate a jig.
- To bob or jerk (something) up and down or to and fro.
- To machine (an object) with the aid of a jig.
- To separate or clean (ore) by shaking a jig.
- in jig time Informal Very quickly; rapidly.
- Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a Black person.