Something said for the sake of exciting a laugh; something witty or sportive (commonly indicating more of hilarity or humor than jest); a jest; a witticism; as, to crack good-natured jokes.
- Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
- A mischievous trick; a prank.
- An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
- Informal Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
- Informal An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
- To tell or play jokes; jest.
- To speak in fun; be facetious.
- To make fun of; tease.