One who makes jokes or jests; a humorist; a wag.
- One who tells or plays jokes.
- An insolent person who seeks to make a show of cleverness.
- Informal An annoying or inept person: Some joker is blocking my driveway.
- Games A playing card, usually printed with a picture of a jester, used in certain games as the highest-ranking card or as a wild card.
- A minor clause in a document such as a legislative bill that voids or changes its original or intended purpose.
- An unforeseen but important difficulty, fact, or circumstance.
- A deceptive means of getting the better of someone.