A fragment of any solid substance; a thick piece. See Chunk.
- Discarded material, such as glass, rags, paper, or metal, some of which may be reused in some form.
- Informal Articles that are worn-out or fit to be discarded: broken furniture and other junk in the attic.
- Informal Cheap or shoddy material.
- Informal Something meaningless, fatuous, or unbelievable: nothing but junk in the annual report.
- Slang Heroin.
- Hard salt beef for consumption on board a ship.
- To discard as useless or sell to be reused as parts; scrap.
- Cheap, shoddy, or worthless: junk jewelry.
- Having a superficial appeal or utility, but lacking substance: "the junk issues that have dominated this year's election” ( New Republic).
- A Chinese flatbottom ship with a high poop and battened sails.