Sharp; having a fine edge or point; as, a keen razor, or a razor with a keen edge.
- Having a fine, sharp cutting edge or point.
- Having or marked by intellectual quickness and acuity. See Synonyms at sharp.
- Acutely sensitive: a keen ear.
- Sharp; vivid; strong: "His entire body hungered for keen sensation, something exciting” ( Richard Wright).
- Intense; piercing: a keen wind.
- Pungent; acrid: A keen smell of skunk was left behind.
- Ardent; enthusiastic: a keen chess player.
- Eagerly desirous: keen on going to Europe in the spring.
- Slang Great; splendid; fine: What a keen day!
- A loud, wailing lament for the dead.
- To wail in lamentation, especially for the dead. See Synonyms at cry.