The whole arrangement, or one range, of the keys of an organ, typewriter, etc.
- A set of keys, as on a computer terminal, word processor, typewriter, or piano.
- Music A piano.
- Music Any of various instruments, played by means of a set of pianolike keys, often connected to a synthesizer or amplifier.
- To set (copy) by means of a keyed typesetting machine: keyboard a manuscript.
- To enter (text or data) into a computer by means of a keyboard.
- Music To play (a composition) on a piano or keyboard.