A twist or loop in a rope or thread, caused by a spontaneous doubling or winding upon itself; a close loop or curl; a doubling in a cord.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, as one caused by the tensing of a looped section of wire.
- A painful muscle spasm, as in the neck or back; a crick.
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- A mental peculiarity; a quirk.
- An unusual or eccentric idea.
- Slang Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behavior or taste.
- To form or cause to form a kink or kinks.