The joint of a finger, particularly when made prominent by the closing of the fingers.
- The prominence of the dorsal aspect of a joint of a finger, especially of one of the joints connecting the fingers to the hand.
- A rounded protuberance formed by the bones in a joint.
- A cut of meat centering on the carpal or tarsal joint, as of a pig.
- The part of a hinge through which the pin passes.
- A sharp angle formed by the meeting of two surfaces, especially two ship's timbers.
- Brass knuckles.
- To press, rub, or hit with the knuckles.
- To shoot (a marble) with the thumb over the bent forefinger.
- knuckle down To apply oneself earnestly to a task.
- knuckle under To yield to pressure; give in.