Ceremonially clean, according to Jewish law; -- applied to food, esp. to meat of animals slaughtered according to the requirements of Jewish law. Opposed to tref. Hence, designating a shop, store, house, etc., where such food is sold or used.
- Judaism Conforming to dietary laws; ritually pure: kosher meat.
- Judaism Selling or serving food prepared in accordance with dietary laws: a kosher restaurant.
- Slang Legitimate; permissible: "consolidating noneditorial functions of the papers, which is kosher” ( Christian Science Monitor).
- Slang Genuine; authentic.
- To make proper or ritually pure.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നിയമാനുസൃതമായ - Niyamaanusruthamaaya | Niyamanusruthamaya ; ;