A portion of land or territory which the eye can comprehend in a single view, including all the objects it contains.
- An expanse of scenery that can be seen in a single view: a desert landscape.
- A picture depicting an expanse of scenery.
- The branch of art dealing with the representation of natural scenery.
- The aspect of the land characteristic of a particular region: a bleak New England winter landscape.
- Grounds that have been landscaped: liked the house especially for its landscape.
- An extensive mental view; an interior prospect: "They occupy the whole landscape of my thought” ( James Thurber).
- Of or relating to a landscape or landscapes: landscape painting.
- Of or relating to landscaping: a nursery offering landscape services.
- Of or relating to the orientation of a page such that the shorter side runs from top to bottom: printed the document in landscape mode in order to accommodate the wide columns of a table.
- To adorn or improve (a section of ground) by contouring and by planting flowers, shrubs, or trees.
- To arrange grounds artistically as a profession.