The loose part of a coat; the lower part of a garment that plays loosely; a skirt; an apron.
- The front area from the waist to the knees of a seated person.
- The portion of a garment that covers the lap.
- A hanging or flaplike part, especially of a garment.
- An area of responsibility, interest, or control: an opportunity that dropped in his lap.
- the lap of luxury Conditions of great affluence or material comfort: an heiress living in the lap of luxury.
- To place or lay (something) so as to overlap another: lapped the roof tiles so that water would run off.
- To lie partly over or on: each shingle lapping the next; shadows that lapped the wall.
- To fold (something) over onto itself: a cloth edge that had been lapped and sewn to make a hem.
- To wrap or wind around (something); encircle.
- To envelop in something; swathe: models who were lapped in expensive furs.
- To join (pieces, as of wood) by means of a scarf or lap joint.
- Sports To get ahead of (an opponent) in a race by one or more complete circuits of the course, as in running, or by two or more lengths of pool in swimming.
- To convert (cotton or other fibers) into a sheet or layer.
- To polish (a surface) until smooth.
- To hone (two mating parts) against each other until closely fitted.
- To lie partly on or over something; overlap.
- To form a lap or fold.
- To wind around or enfold something.
- A part that overlaps.
- The amount by which one part overlaps another.
- One complete round or circuit, especially of a racetrack.
- One complete length of a straight course, as of a swimming pool.
- A segment or stage, as of a trip.
- A length, as of rope, required to make one complete turn around something.
- The act of lapping or encircling.
- A continuous band or layer of cotton, flax, or other fiber.
- A wheel, disk, or slab of leather or metal, either stationary or rotating, used for polishing and smoothing.
- To take in (a liquid or food) by lifting it with the tongue.
- To wash or slap against with soft liquid sounds: waves lapping the side of the boat.
- To take in a liquid or food with the tongue.
- To wash against something with soft liquid sounds.
- The act or an instance of lapping.
- The amount taken in by lapping.
- The sound of lapping.
- A watery food or drink.
- lap up To receive eagerly or greedily: lapping up praise.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
മടി - Madi ;ഭാഗം - Bhaagam | Bhagam ;വസ്ത്രത്തൊങ്ങല് - Vasthraththongal | Vasthrathongal ;മറ - Mara ;ലിങ്ക് ആക്സെസ് പ്രാട്ടോക്കോള് - Linku Aaksesu Praattokkol | Linku aksesu Prattokkol ;മടക്ക് - Madakku ;