Coming after the time when due, or after the usual or proper time; not early; slow; tardy; long delayed; as, a late spring.
- Coming, occurring, or remaining after the correct, usual, or expected time; delayed: The bus is late. See Synonyms at tardy.
- Beginning after or continuing past the usual or expected hour: a late breakfast; a late meeting.
- Occurring at an advanced hour, especially well into the evening or night: a late movie on television; the late flight to Denver.
- Of or toward the end or more advanced part, as of a period or stage: the late 19th century; a later symptom of the disease.
- Having begun or occurred just previous to the present time; recent: a late development.
- Contemporary; up-to-date: the latest fashion.
- Having recently occupied a position or place: the company's late president gave the address.
- Dead, especially if only recently deceased: in memory of the late explorer.
- After the expected, usual, or proper time: a train that arrived late; woke late and had to skip breakfast.
- At or until an advanced hour: talked late into the evening.
- At or into an advanced period or stage: a project undertaken late in her career.
- Recently: As late as last week he was still in town.
- of late Recently; lately: was feeling better of late.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പരേതനായ - Parethanaaya | Parethanaya ;സമയം തെറ്റിയ - Samayam Thettiya ;വൈകിയനേരത്തുള്ള - Vaikiyaneraththulla | Vaikiyanerathulla ;വൈകി എത്തിയ - Vaiki Eththiya | Vaiki Ethiya ;ഒരു കാലഘട്ടത്തിന്റെ അവസാനത്തില് - Oru Kaalaghattaththinte Avasaanaththil | Oru Kalaghattathinte Avasanathil ;ഈയിടെ - Eeyide ;