A thin, narrow strip of wood, nailed to the rafters, studs, or floor beams of a building, for the purpose of supporting the tiles, plastering, etc. A corrugated metallic strip or plate is sometimes used.
- A thin strip of wood or metal, usually nailed in rows to framing supports as a substructure for plaster, shingles, slates, or tiles.
- A building material, such as a sheet of metal mesh, used for similar purposes.
- A quantity of laths; lathing.
- Work made with or from lath.
- To build, cover, or line with laths.