Extent from side to side, or distance sidewise from a given point or line; breadth; width.
- The angular distance north or south of the earth's equator, measured in degrees along a meridian, as on a map or globe.
- A region of the earth considered in relation to its distance from the equator: temperate latitudes.
- Astronomy The angular distance of a celestial body north or south of the ecliptic.
- Freedom from normal restraints, limitations, or regulations. See Synonyms at room.
- A range of values or conditions, especially the range of exposures over which a photographic film yields usable images.
- Extent; breadth.