Any work of wood or metal, made by crossing laths, or thin strips, and forming a network; as, the lattice of a window; -- called also latticework.
- An open framework made of strips of metal, wood, or similar material overlapped or overlaid in a regular, usually crisscross pattern.
- A structure, such as a window, screen, or trellis, made of or containing such a framework.
- Something, such as a decorative motif or heraldic bearing, that resembles an open, patterned framework.
- Physics A regular, periodic configuration of points, particles, or objects throughout an area or a space, especially the arrangement of ions or molecules in a crystalline solid.
- Physics The spatial arrangement of fissionable and nonfissionable materials in a nuclear reactor.
- To construct or furnish with a lattice or latticework.