To show mirth, satisfaction, or derision, by peculiar movement of the muscles of the face, particularly of the mouth, causing a lighting up of the face and eyes, and usually accompanied by the emission of explosive or chuckling sounds from the chest and throat; to indulge in laughter.
- To express certain emotions, especially mirth or delight, by a series of spontaneous, usually unarticulated sounds often accompanied by corresponding facial and bodily movements.
- To show or feel amusement or good humor: an experience we would laugh about later on.
- To feel or express derision or contempt; mock: I had to laugh when I saw who my opponent was.
- To feel a triumphant or exultant sense of well-being: You won't be laughing when the truth comes out.
- To produce sounds resembling laughter: parrots laughing and chattering in the trees.
- To affect or influence by laughter: laughed the speaker off the stage; laughed the proposal down.
- To say with a laugh: He laughed his delight at the victory.
- The act of laughing.
- The sound of laughing; laughter.
- Informal Something amusing, absurd, or contemptible; a joke: The solution they recommended was a laugh.
- Informal Fun; amusement. Often used in the plural: went along just for laughs.
- laugh at To treat lightly; scoff at: a daredevil who laughed at danger.
- off To dismiss as ridiculously or laughably trivial: laughed off any suggestion that her career was over.
- laugh out of the other side of (one's) mouth To see one's good fortune turn to bad; suffer a humbling reversal.
- up To rejoice or exult in secret, as at another's error or defeat.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സന്തോഷമായിരിക്കുക - Santhoshamaayirikkuka | Santhoshamayirikkuka ;ചിരിയുണര്ത്തുക - Chiriyunarththuka | Chiriyunarthuka ;പരിഹാസ ചിരി - Parihaasa Chiri | Parihasa Chiri ;പരിഹസിക്കുക - Parihasikkuka ;ഹസിക്കുക - Hasikkuka ;ആഹ്ലാദിക്കുക - Aahlaadhikkuka | ahladhikkuka ;