- To wash (clothes, for example).
- To wash, fold, and iron: shirts that were neatly laundered by the hotel staff.
- To disguise the source or nature of (illegal funds, for example) by channeling through an intermediate agent.
- To make more acceptable or presentable, sanitize: "The transcripts are, of course, laundered . . . unidentified larger chunks of conversation are reported missing throughout” ( Eliot Fremont-Smith).
- To undergo washing in a specified way: This material launders well.
- To wash or prepare laundry.
- A trough or flume used in washing ore.