An evergreen shrub, of the genus Laurus (L. nobilis), having aromatic leaves of a lanceolate shape, with clusters of small, yellowish white flowers in their axils; -- called also sweet bay.
- A Mediterranean evergreen tree (Laurus nobilis) having aromatic, simple leaves and small blackish berries. Also called bay5, bay laurel, sweet bay.
- A shrub or tree, such as the mountain laurel, having a similar aroma or leaf shape.
- A wreath of laurel conferred as a mark of honor in ancient times upon poets, heroes, and victors in athletic contests. Often used in the plural.
- Honor and glory won for great achievement. Often used in the plural.
- To crown with laurel.
- To honor, especially with an award or a prize.
- rest on (one's) laurels To rely on one's past achievements instead of working to maintain or advance one's status or reputation.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കിരീടം - Kireedam ;വിക്ഷേപിക്കുക - Vikshepikkuka ;നെന്മേനിവാക - Nenmenivaaka | Nenmenivaka ;പുന്നമരം - Punnamaram ;കീര്ത്തി - Keerththi | Keerthi ;ലതാകിരീടം - Lathaakireedam | Lathakireedam ;