- The act or an instance of laying out.
- An arrangement or a plan, especially the schematic arrangement of parts or areas: the layout of a factory; the layout of a printed circuit.
- Printing The art or process of arranging printed or graphic matter on a page.
- Printing The overall design of a page, spread, or book, including elements such as page and type size, typeface, and the arrangement of titles and page numbers.
- Printing A page or set of pages marked to indicate this design.
- Sports The straight position, as in diving.
- Informal An establishment or property, especially a large residence or estate: "[Her] show horses . . . were kept on the couple's one-and-a-half acre Malibu layout” ( People).