One who, or that which, leads or conducts; a guide; a conductor.
- One that leads or guides.
- One who is in charge or in command of others.
- One who heads a political party or organization.
- One who has influence or power, especially of a political nature.
- Music A conductor, especially of orchestra, band, or choral group.
- Music The principal performer in an orchestral section or a group.
- The foremost animal, such as a horse or dog, in a harnessed team.
- A loss leader.
- Chiefly British The main editorial in a newspaper.
- Printing Dots or dashes in a row leading the eye across a page, as in an index entry.
- A pipe for conducting liquid.
- A short length of gut, wire, or similar material by which a hook is attached to a fishing line.
- A blank strip at the end or beginning of a film or tape used in threading or winding.
- Botany The growing apex or main shoot of a shrub or tree.
- An economic indicator.