Guiding; directing; controlling; foremost; as, a leading motive; a leading man; a leading example.
- Having a position in the lead; foremost: the leading candidate.
- Chief; principal: the leading cause of high inflation. See Synonyms at chief.
- Of or performing a lead in a theatrical production: a leading role; a leading lady.
- Formulated so as to elicit a desired response: a leading question.
- A border or rim of lead, as around a windowpane.
- Printing The spacing between lines, usually measured in points.