A measure of length or distance, varying in different countries from about 2.4 to 4.6 English statute miles of 5,280 feet each, and used (as a land measure) chiefly on the continent of Europe, and in the Spanish parts of America. The marine league of England and the United States is equal to three marine, or geographical, miles of 6080 feet each.
- An association of states, organizations, or individuals for common action; an alliance.
- Sports An association of teams or clubs that compete chiefly among themselves. Also called loop1.
- A class or level of competition: The ski jump was out of his league.
- To come together in or as if in a league.
- To bring together in or as if in a league.
- A unit of distance equal to 3.0 statute miles (4.8 kilometers).
- Any of various other units of about the same length.
- A square league.