The act of binding.
- The act of tying or binding.
- A cord, wire, or bandage used for tying or binding.
- A thread, wire, or cord used in surgery to close vessels or tie off ducts.
- Something that unites; a bond.
- A character, letter, or type, such as æ, combining two or more letters.
- Music A group of notes intended to be played or sung as one phrase.
- Music A curved line indicating such a phrase; a slur.
- Music A passage of notes sung by repeating the same syllable.
- Music A metal band that attaches the reed to the mouthpiece of the clarinet and related instruments.
- To ligate.