A large carnivorous feline mammal (Felis leo), found in Southern Asia and in most parts of Africa, distinct varieties occurring in the different countries. The adult male, in most varieties, has a thick mane of long shaggy hair that adds to his apparent size, which is less than that of the largest tigers. The length, however, is sometimes eleven feet to the base of the tail. The color is a tawny yellow or yellowish brown; the mane is darker, and the terminal tuft of the tail is black. In one variety, called the maneless lion, the male has only a slight mane.
- A large carnivorous feline mammal (Panthera leo) of Africa and northwest India, having a short tawny coat, a tufted tail, and, in the male, a heavy mane around the neck and shoulders.
- Any of several large wildcats related to or resembling the lion.
- A very brave person.
- A person regarded as fierce or savage.
- A noted person; a celebrity: a literary lion.
- See Leo.
- lion's share The greatest or best part.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
Cat , Rat , Fox , Fish , Panda , Fly , Rabbit , Wolf , Cat , Monkey , Fly , Fish , Bear , Fly , Bee , Ant , Duck , Cow , Elephant , Sheep , Hamster , Fly , Puppy , Seal , Bear , Pig , Pig , Cow , Hippopotamus , Crocodile , Duck , Duck , Snake , Frog , Duck , Octopus , Chicken , Snail , Dog , Pig , Horse , Spider , Horse , Rat , Jaguar , Duck , Dog , Bird , Shark , Dolphin , Zebra , Camel , Shark , Horse , Fox , Kitten , Snake , Squirrel , Cow , Frog , Lobster , Owl , Scorpion , Lobster , Deer , Turtle , Cheetah , Bear , Tiger , Fox , Seal , Rhinoceros , Monkey , Goat , Turtle , Fish , Shark , Bear , Snake , Fly , Horse , Alligator , Chimpanzee , Kitten , Fish , Seal , Cow , Goldfish , Bear , Bear , Seal , Eagle , Puppy , Fly , Giraffe , Kangaroo , Owl , Bird