One of the two fleshy folds which surround the orifice of the mouth in man and many other animals. In man the lips are organs of speech essential to certain articulations. Hence, by a figure they denote the mouth, or all the organs of speech, and sometimes speech itself.
- Anatomy Either of two fleshy folds that surround the opening of the mouth.
- A structure or part that encircles or bounds an orifice, as:
- Anatomy A labium.
- The margin of flesh around a wound.
- Either of the margins of the aperture of a gastropod shell.
- A rim, as of a vessel, bell, or crater.
- Botany One of the two divisions of a bilabiate corolla or calyx, as in the snapdragon, or the modified upper petal of an orchid flower.
- The tip of a pouring spout, as on a pitcher.
- Slang Insolent talk.
- To touch the lips to.
- To kiss.
- To utter.
- To lap or splash against.
- Sports To hit a golf ball so that it touches the edge of (the hole) without dropping in.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വാഗ്ദലം - Vaagdhalam | Vagdhalam ;ധിക്കാരം - Dhikkaaram | Dhikkaram ;ദന്തവസനം - Dhanthavasanam ;വിളുമ്പ് - Vilumpu ;ഉതട് - Uthadu ;ഉപധ്മാനം - Upadhmaanam | Upadhmanam ;