Flowing freely like water; fluid; not solid.
- The state of matter in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow, little or no tendency to disperse, and relatively high incompressibility.
- Matter or a specific body of matter in this state.
- Linguistics A consonant articulated without friction and capable of being prolonged like a vowel, such as English l and r.
- Of or being a liquid.
- Having been liquefied, especially:
- Melted by heating: liquid wax.
- Condensed by cooling: liquid oxygen.
- Flowing readily; fluid: added milk to make the batter more liquid.
- Having a flowing quality without harshness or abrupt breaks: liquid prose; the liquid movements of a Balinese dancer.
- Linguistics Articulated without friction and capable of being prolonged like a vowel.
- Clear and shining: the liquid brown eyes of a spaniel.
- Readily convertible into cash: liquid assets.