According to the letter or verbal expression; real; not figurative or metaphorical; as, the literal meaning of a phrase.
- Being in accordance with, conforming to, or upholding the exact or primary meaning of a word or words.
- Word for word; verbatim: a literal translation.
- Avoiding exaggeration, metaphor, or embellishment; factual; prosaic: a literal description; a literal mind.
- Consisting of, using, or expressed by letters: literal notation.
- Conforming or limited to the simplest, nonfigurative, or most obvious meaning of a word or words.
- Computer Science A letter or symbol that stands for itself as opposed to a feature, function, or entity associated with it in a programming language: $ can be a symbol that refers to the end of a line, but as a literal, it is a dollar sign.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിരസമായ - Virasamaaya | Virasamaya ;ശബ്ദാർത്ഥപ്രകാരം - Shabdhaarththaprakaaram | Shabdharthaprakaram ;ശബ്ദാനുസൃതമായ - Shabdhaanusruthamaaya | Shabdhanusruthamaya ;അക്ഷരാര്ത്ഥത്തിലുള്ള - Aksharaarththaththilulla | Akshararthathilulla ;പദാനുപദമായ - പദാനുപദമായ ;അനലംകൃതമായ - Analamkruthamaaya | Analamkruthamaya ;