To part with unintentionally or unwillingly, as by accident, misfortune, negligence, penalty, forfeit, etc.; to be deprived of; as, to lose money from one's purse or pocket, or in business or gaming; to lose an arm or a leg by amputation; to lose men in battle.
- To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
- To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
- To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
- To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
- To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
- To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
- To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position.
- To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking about thermodynamics.
- To let (oneself) become unable to find the way.
- To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world.
- To rid oneself of: lost five pounds.
- To consume aimlessly; waste: lost a week in idle occupations.
- To wander from or become ignorant of: lose one's way.
- To elude or outdistance: lost their pursuers.
- To be outdistanced by: chased the thieves but lost them.
- To become slow by (a specified amount of time). Used of a timepiece.
- To cause or result in the loss of: Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job.
- To cause to be destroyed. Usually used in the passive: Both planes were lost in the crash.
- To cause to be damned.
- To suffer loss.
- To be defeated.
- To operate or run slow. Used of a timepiece.
- lose out To fail to achieve or receive an expected gain.
- lose it Slang To lose control; blow up.
- lose it Slang To become deranged or mentally disturbed.
- lose it Slang To become less capable or proficient; decline.
- lose out on To miss (an opportunity, for example).
- lose time To operate too slowly. Used of a timepiece.
- lose time To delay advancement.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പിറകിലാവുക - Pirakilaavuka | Pirakilavuka ;നഷ്ടമാകുക - Nashdamaakuka | Nashdamakuka ;സന്ദര്ഭം പാഴാക്കുക - Sandharbham Paazhaakkuka | Sandharbham Pazhakkuka ;അടുത്ത ബന്ധുവിനെ മരണം മൂലം നഷ്ടമാകുക - Aduththa Bandhuvine Maranam Moolam Nashdamaakuka | Adutha Bandhuvine Maranam Moolam Nashdamakuka ;നഷ്ടമാകുക - Nashdamaakuka | Nashdamakuka ;നഷ്ടപ്പെടുത്തുക - Nashdappeduththuka | Nashdappeduthuka ;