A pawnbroker's shop, or room for storing articles put in pawn; hence, a pledge, or pawn.
- Timber sawed into boards, planks, or other structural members of standard or specified length.
- Something useless or cumbersome.
- Chiefly British Miscellaneous stored articles.
- To cut down (trees) and prepare as marketable timber.
- To cut down the timber of.
- Chiefly British To clutter with or as if with unused articles.
- To cut and prepare timber for marketing.
- To walk or move with heavy clumsiness. See Synonyms at blunder.
- To move with a rumbling noise.