Disordered in intellect; crazy; insane.
- Angry; resentful. See Synonyms at angry.
- Suffering from a disorder of the mind; insane.
- Temporarily or apparently deranged by violent sensations, emotions, or ideas: mad with jealousy.
- Lacking restraint or reason; foolish: I was mad to have hired her in the first place.
- Feeling or showing strong liking or enthusiasm: mad about sports.
- Marked by extreme excitement, confusion, or agitation; frantic: a mad scramble for the bus.
- Boisterously gay; hilarious: had a mad time.
- Affected by rabies; rabid.
- To make or become mad; madden.
- like mad Informal Wildly; impetuously: drove like mad.
- like mad Informal To an intense degree or great extent: worked like mad; snowing like mad.
- mad as a hatter Crazy; deranged.