The way in which the parts of anything are put together; often, the way in which an actor is dressed, painted, etc., in personating a character.
- The way in which something is composed or arranged; composition or construction.
- Printing The arrangement or composition, as of type or illustrations, on a page or in a book.
- The qualities or temperament that constitute a personality; disposition: Lying is not in her makeup.
- Cosmetics applied especially to the face.
- Materials, such as cosmetics and costumes, that an actor or actress uses in portraying a role.
- A special examination for a student who has been absent from or has failed a previous examination.