Evident to the senses, esp. to the sight; apparent; distinctly perceived; hence, obvious to the understanding; apparent to the mind; easily apprehensible; plain; not obscure or hidden.
- Clearly apparent to the sight or understanding; obvious. See Synonyms at apparent.
- To show or demonstrate plainly; reveal: "Mercedes . . . manifested the chaotic abandonment of hysteria” ( Jack London).
- To be evidence of; prove.
- To record in a ship's manifest.
- To display or present a manifest of (cargo).
- A list of cargo or passengers carried on a ship or plane.
- An invoice of goods carried on a truck or train.
- A list of railroad cars according to owner and location.