The food supplied to the Israelites in their journey through the wilderness of Arabia; hence, divinely supplied food.
- In the Bible, the food miraculously provided for the Israelites in the wilderness during their flight from Egypt.
- Spiritual nourishment of divine origin.
- Something of value that a person receives unexpectedly: viewed the bonus as manna from heaven.
- The dried exudate of certain plants, as that of the Mediterranean ash tree, formerly used as a laxative.
- A sweet granular substance excreted on the leaves of plants by certain insects, especially aphids, and often harvested by ants.