A massive, compact limestone; a variety of calcite, capable of being polished and used for architectural and ornamental purposes. The color varies from white to black, being sometimes yellow, red, and green, and frequently beautifully veined or clouded. The name is also given to other rocks of like use and appearance, as serpentine or verd antique marble, and less properly to polished porphyry, granite, etc.
- A metamorphic rock formed by alteration of limestone or dolomite, often irregularly colored by impurities, and used especially in architecture and sculpture.
- A piece of this rock.
- A sculpture made from this rock.
- Something resembling or suggesting metamorphic rock, as in being very hard, smooth, or cold: a heart of marble; a brow of marble.
- Games A small hard ball, usually of glass, used in children's games.
- Games Any of various games played with marbles.
- Slang Common sense; sanity: completely lost his marbles after the stock market crash.
- To mottle and streak (paper, for example) with colors and veins in imitation of marble.
- Composed of metamorphic rock: a marble hearth.
- Resembling metamorphic rock in consistency, texture, venation, color, or coldness.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഗോട്ടി - Gotti ;മാര്ബ്ള് പന്ത് - Maarbl Panthu | Marbl Panthu ;മാര്ബിള് - Maarbil | Marbil ;രാജാശ്മം - Raajaashmam | Rajashmam ;ഗോലി - Goli ;മാർബിൾ - Maarbil | Marbil ;