Of or pertaining to a margin.
- Of, relating to, located at, or constituting a margin, a border, or an edge: the marginal strip of beach; a marginal issue that had no bearing on the election results.
- Being adjacent geographically: states marginal to Canada.
- Written or printed in the margin of a book: marginal notes.
- Barely within a lower standard or limit of quality: marginal writing ability; eked out a marginal existence.
- Economics Having to do with enterprises that produce goods or are capable of producing goods at a rate that barely covers production costs.
- Economics Relating to commodities thus manufactured and sold.
- Psychology Relating to or located at the fringe of consciousness.
- One that is considered to be at a lower or outer limit, as of social acceptability: "is fascinated by marginals, by people who live on the edge of society” ( Dan Yakir).